- What areas of intellectual property does IPOPNG deal with?
IPOPNG administers trademarks, patents, industrial designs and copyrights
- How can register/protect my idea with IPOPNG?
- What are the lodgment requirements?
- What are the difference between a trade mark, copy right, patent and/or industrial design?
- How long does it take to process an application?
- What are the associated fees?
- How can I get a form to apply?
- How and where can an owner go to stop an IP Infringement?
- What is a trade mark?
- What can be protected when registering a trade mark?
- What forms do I fill to register a trade mark?
- Who can register a trademark?
- How long does it take to process a Trademark Certificate?
- What’s the difference between Application Fee & Registration Fee?
- How long does it take to produce a receipt?
- What is a Patent?
- What is protected by a Patent?
Patent protection ONLY covers the technical function of an invention whether it be a machine, a process of making a finished product or a device such as a stapler, paper clip, remote control etc
- What is not protected by a Patent?
Patent does not protect the following;
- discoveries of materials or substance already existing in nature;
- scientific theories or mathematical methods;
- plant or animal varieties or essentially biological processes for the production of such plant or animal varieties, other than microbiological processes;
- schemes, rules or methods, such as those for doing business, performing purely mental acts or playing games;
- methods of treatment for humans or animals, or diagnostic methods practised on humans or animals (but not products such as medicinal drugs for use in such methods)
- What is the term of protection?
In PNG, patent protection is valid for only 20 years.
- Who enforces an IP Right?
- What is the process available under IP law to oppose or invalidate a registered IP?
- What is covered under copyright protection?
- How is my work protected under copyright?
- How do I know my work has been copied?
- How do I enforce my right under copyright?
- Can IPO help me enforce my right?
- Can IPO assist me draft my license agreements or assign my rights?
- Can IPO assist me enforce my right in Court?