TRADEMARKS | PATENTS |
Minimum requirements for Industrial Designs
Fill in a Form 5 application attached with a letter expressing the applicant's interest.
- Attach the original Power of Attorney (if the applicant is a foreigner). Attach the Statement Justifying the Applicant's Right. State the Filing Particulars which are:
Attach coloured copies (if need be) or technical drawing of the design with the following views where applicable;
- Title of DesignName and Address of applicant(s) State priority claim (if any)Explain the use of the DesignState the desired classification under the Locarno System
- State the name of the good(s) that can use this design (if any).
- Front viewBack view Side view Aerial view Bottom view Cross sectional view Perspective view
- Application fee of K300.00
Click to view Basic Formal Requirement in Accordance with:
- SECTION 43 of the Patents & Industrial Designs Act 2000
SECTION 32 of the Patents & Industrial Designs Regulation 2000
Industrial Design Application Guide
For applicants or those requiring step by step guidance in filing an Industrial Designs Application, please refer to: The Industrial Design Application Guide
Industrial Design Flow Chart
Click here to view The Industrial Design Flow Chart
All above information in no way limits an applicant in seeking further assistance from a legal practitioner. The applicant is at liberty to professional advice and guidance where required.